Here at Heebs, our Meat Cutters work together to provide the best customer service in town. We offer the freshest & highest quality products prepared by our devoted team. We strive to provide a high energy, fun environment for our team as we know they will work diligently in this position. Meat cutters will ensure quality product availability and provide our customers with a great experience including a great smile with every interaction!
A Meat Cutter’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting them and responding to questions.
- Unloading product from trucks.
- Skillfully selling product by providing customers with accurate information, sampling cooked product and communicating promotional sales. Meat cutters may take special orders.
- Inventory stocking including breaking down pallets & stocking cooler and/or freezer.
- Processing including; trimming, cutting, and wrapping all varieties of meat safely.
- Verifying ads, hanging current sale signs, and removing out-of-date sale signs. Ensuring labels match proper Country of Origin Labeling, Weights & Measures and Method of Production compliance.
- Performing routine price changes on products.
- Operating pallet jack, grinder, band saw, tenderizer, knives, wrapper, baler and compactor.
- Cleaning of the department, equipment and display areas of the store so our employees always work in clean areas, and our customers have integrity in our products.
- Maintaining accurate food temperatures for receiving and storage for both quality & food safety.
- Adhere to Heebs personal hygiene policies.
- Follow all Food Safety, OSHA Safety, USDA, Weights & Measures and any other regulatory agency requirements. Follow all Heebs company policies & guidelines.
The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older (to use sharp knives, ladders, or equipment.)
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- able to lift produce products up to 40 pounds.
- able to work as a team with others at all times
- able to be on your feet for long periods of times
- able to work in coolers & freezers
- able to remain physically busy throughout your shift
We believe in a cross functional staff to provide exceptional customer service. Our meat cutters may be trained to learn all functions of the business.