Meat Counter / Wrapper
Here at Heebs, our Meat Counter/Wrapper Clerks work together to provide the best customer service in town. We strive to provide a high energy, fun environment for our team as we know they will work diligently in this position. Meat Counter/Wrapper Clerks will share product knowledge with guests, promoting the store’s prepared food items, setting displays, wrapping products, and provide our customers with a great experience including a great smile with every interaction!
A Meat Counter/Wrapper Clerk’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting, responding accurately to questions and providing a great experience including a smile to every customer, every time.
- Providing continuous attention to customer needs at the meat counter.
- Be knowledgeable of all meat products and offer suggestions.
- Stock and rotate all products in display cases and storage area. Keep all meat merchandise rotated in accordance with product code dates. Follow First in First Out rotation.
- Properly tray, wrap, weigh, and accurately price merchandise.
- Keep display cases organized and clean.
- Follow all food safety, OSHA safety, weights & measures and any other regulatory agency requirements. Follow all Heebs company policies & guidelines.
- Monitor the cooler, freezer, and display cases for correct temperature.
- Able to operate and clean authorized equipment and tools.
- Adhere to Heebs personal hygiene policies.
- Assisting in other duties as assigned.
The required qualifications are as follows:
- must be 18 years of age
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- demonstrate capability to interact with customers
- able to lift up to 50 pounds
- able to work as a team with others
- able to be on your feet for long periods of times
- able to remain physically busy throughout your shift
We believe in a cross functional staff to provide exceptional customer service. Our meat counter/wrapper clerks may be trained to learn all functions of the business.