Here at Heebs, our Courtesy Clerks work together to provide the best customer service in town. We strive to provide a high energy, fun environment for our team as we know they will work diligently in this position. Courtesy Clerks will bag groceries, carry out groceries, retrieve carts, and provide our customers with a great experience including a great smile with every interaction!
A Courtesy Clerk’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting, responding accurately to questions and providing a great experience including a smile to every customer, every time.
- Bagging guests’ purchases promptly and efficiently within proper guidelines. Carrying those purchases to customers’ automobiles in a friendly, prompt, and efficient manner; ensuring products are placed safely in the automobile.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Filling all bag slots and supplies necessary for efficient front-end operations.
- Assisting with price checks and product go-backs.
- Assisting with general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Follow all food safety, OSHA safety, weights & measures and any other regulatory agency requirements. Follow all Heebs company policies & guidelines.
- Keep the parking lot clear of carts and return carts to the proper store location. Always follow safety policies regarding cart retrieval. Remove clutter from carts.
- Adhere to Heebs personal hygiene policies.
- Assisting in other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of cross contamination controls.
The required qualifications are as follows:
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to write, speak, hear, and understand the spoken word to respond promptly to pages, requests, team members, and guests.
- able to lift up to 50 pounds
- able to work as a team with others
- able to be on your feet for long periods of times
- able to remain physically busy throughout your shift
We believe in a cross functional staff to provide exceptional customer service. Our courtesy clerks may be trained to learn all functions of the business.