Here at Heebs, our Cashiers work together to provide the best customer service in town. We offer the highest quality products made by our devoted team. We strive to provide a high energy, fun environment for our team as we know they will work diligently in this position. Cashiers will provide our customers with a great experience including a great smile with every interaction!
A Cashiers responsibility includes, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting, looking customers in the eyes, responding accurately to questions and providing a great experience including a smile to every customer, every time.
- Knowledge of produce items and codes and grocery products.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, other employees and management.
- Able to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Accurately and efficiently scan and key items into registers.
- Receives and processes all payments according to RORK standards.
- Bags groceries according to Heebs standards.
- Follow all food safety, OSHA safety, alcohol age restriction and any other regulatory agency requirements. Follow all Heebs company policies & guidelines.
- Maintains accurate cash handling including cash monies, check, WIC, coupons and all other methods of payment.
- Cleaning of the department, equipment and display areas of the store so our employees always work in clean areas and our customers have integrity in our products.
- Performs opening, mid and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned.
- Adhere to Heebs personal hygiene policies.
The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to perform basic math and proficient at 10-key
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- able to lift grocery products up to 40 pounds.
- able to work as a team with others at all times
- able to be on your feet for long periods of times
- demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and other employees
- able to remain physically busy throughout your shift
We believe in a cross functional staff to provide exceptional customer service. Our cashiers may be trained to learn all functions of the business.