Here at Heebs, our Deli Clerks work together to provide the best customer service in town. We offer the highest quality products made by our devoted team. We strive to provide a high energy, fun environment for our team as we know they will work diligently in this position. Deli clerks will prepare fresh meals, take accurate orders and provide our customers with a great experience including a great smile with every interaction!
A Deli Clerk’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting, responding accurately to questions and providing a great experience including a smile to every customer, every time.
- Maintaining Heebs high standards for product quality, freshness and sanitation.
- Skillfully selling product by providing customers with accurate information, sampling product and communicating promotional sales.
- Selecting, slicing, packaging, weighing, labeling & pricing products ordered by customers.
- Filling, maintaining, rotating products and cleaning displays.
- Preparing special orders and party trays.
- Operate slicers, fryers, ovens, scales & other equipment safety.
- Operating cash registers, receive payment and accurately make change and processing credit cards.
- Follow all food safety, OSHA safety, weights & measures and any other regulatory agency requirements. Follow all Heebs company policies & guidelines.
- Inventory stocking including moving items from bulk pallets into storage rooms, coolers & freezers.
- Cleaning of the department, equipment and display areas of the store so our employees always work in clean areas and our customers have integrity in our products.
- Accurate food temperatures for receiving, cooking, hot-holding & cold-holding.
- Adhere to Heebs personal hygiene policies.
The required qualifications are as follows:
- 18 years of age or older
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
- able to lift deli products up to 40 pounds.
- able to work as a team with others at all times
- able to be on your feet for long periods of times
- able to work in coolers & freezers
- able to remain physically busy throughout your shift
We believe in a cross functional staff to provide exceptional customer service. Our deli clerks may be trained to learn all functions of the business.